Tuesday, March 9, 2010

23

Yup, 23.

That's the number of fruit producing plants that went into the ground at the Cooper farm this weekend.

Last week I planted 15 blueberries thanks entirely to Marty Patterson and his father in law who gave them to me.

I added peaches, pears, apples, figs, plums, blackberries and muscadines to the mix over the weekend. I'm now waiting on a soil sample to return from the Clemson Extension office to figure out what fertilizer I need for the veggie garden. At She Who Must Be Obeyed direction, I will be broadcasting the fertilizer then discing it into the soil before the garden is laid out. In the works for the veggie garden: tomatoes (lots and lots) cucumbers, squash, zucini, potatoes, onions, field peas, green beans, bell peppers, watermelon, and whatever herbs I am told to get.

I hope I can get a better result than last years abject failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment